WordPress bugfix? Ouch!

Filed under:WordPress — posted by Svein Kåre on 14 May 2005 @ 03:49

I updated to WordPress 1.5.1, and it seemed to work fine. Later, when the hours showed it was the next day, I read that the RSS feed wasn’t quite what it should be, even if it might seem so to begin with. There were also a bugfix.

Well – I want my RSS feed to work, of course, so I installed the bugfix. And when I finished my first plugin (abbreplace) I proudly wrote an entry about that. Which – unlike what I wrote before the bugfix – never showed up in the RSS feed.

Ouch!

I changed back to the original, unpatched file. Hopefully, all is well now with this entry and the feed.

My first WordPress plugin

Filed under:WordPress — posted by Svein Kåre on 12 May 2005 @ 17:14

Yay! I’ve made my first plugin for WordPress, “abbreplace“. It’s a simple one, based on the tutorial by Owen Winkler, and will replace spelling errors, abbreviations, SMS language and so on with fully spelled out words after your definition. You just edit the list easily in the plugin itself.

See the download page.



image: detail of installation by Bronwyn Lace